Wednesday, September 30, 2015

pZaal, 50 pts.

I modified my Zaal list a bit:
Points: 50/50
Supreme Aptimus Zaal & Kovaas (*5pts)
* Basilisk Krea (4pts)
* Cyclops Raider (5pts)
* Cyclops Shaman (5pts)
Gatorman Bokor and Bog Trog Shamblers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Praetorian Swordsmen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Praetorian Swordsmen Officer & Standard (2pts)
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew (Leader and 1 Grunt) (1pts)
Ancestral Guardian (3pts)
Ancestral Guardian (3pts)
Extoler Soulward (2pts)
Extoler Soulward (2pts)
Hakaar the Destroyer (4pts)
Paingiver Task Master (2pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)

I played this list against Adam last night. He played pVlad with MOW shocktroopers, kayazy, Nyss hunters, Behemoth and Drago.  I really like this list, not because I won but it's fun to play and has some interesting synergies. Neither of us scored any points so it was down to the assassination. He ignored my ancestral guardians all game until one of the last turns. He killed Hakaar, bringing the Kovaas into play. He then killed my other 2 AGs and tried to kill the Kovaas but failed by 1 point. I needed to kill 1 MOW to give the Kovaas LOS to Vlad. I did so but forgot that the Koldon Lord had a magical weapon and got a free strike on the Kovaas. He missed. (whew). I had put Last Stand on the Kovaas earlier. 2 hits and Vlad was dead.

I have a problem with spacing. I noticed that my army was too spread out and the Bokor didn't collect and corpse tokens all game.

No comments:

Post a Comment