Friday, December 26, 2014

New Gaming Location!

Recently a local card and comic store, Collectors Inn, has moved their location to a bigger store. The owner has been gracious enough to open the store to include table top wargaming. Tuesday nights are Warmachine nights and the store is about a mile from my place. I've gone the last 3 weeks and have had a blast. The WM/H community is really growing and I'm glad to be a part of it.

I will use this space to keep track of my games week to week.

Week 1: Skorne vs. Cryx (Kevin)

Lord Tyrant Hexeris (*6pts)
* Razorworm (4pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (10pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
Cataphract Incindiarii (Leader and 5 Grunts) (9pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Praetorian Swordsmen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Praetorian Swordsmen Officer & Standard (2pts)

Iron Lich Asphyxious (*6pts)
* Deathripper (4pts)
* Kraken (19pts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (5pts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (5pts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls (2pts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls (2pts)
Machine Wraith (1pts)
(He had something else, can't think of it.)

We played one of the new scenarios coming out in 2015. All I remember was there was a rectangular zone in the middle of the board with 2 monoliths at either end of the zone. I lost due to assassination.

Week 2: Skorne v. Trolls (Dan)

My list was the same. (see above)

Borka Kegslayer (*5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer (2pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)
Troll Whelps (2pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)

We played Outflank. I had 1 turn of awesome Troll killing goodness thanks to Hexeris' feat and the swordsmen. What's better than killing Trolls? Having recently killed Trolls kill Trolls. Daisy chain of death!! Dan was able to dominate and win.

Week 3: Skorne vs. Circle (Shawn)

Archdomina Makeda (*5pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Mammoth (20pts)
Cataphract Cetrati (Leader and 5 Grunts) (11pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker (2pts)

Kromac the Ravenous (*4pts)
* Argus (4pts)
* Winter Argus (5pts)
* Shadowhorn Satyr (7pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
Reeves of Orboros (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
Lord of the Feast (4pts)
Tharn Ravager White Mane (3pts)

We played Outflank. It was a fun game. My list was something I had been wanting to try out, I don't give the mammoth enough table time. 
Makeda cast Savagery on the Cetrati and moved them into shieldwall into the left control zone on turn 1. Everything else moves up behind the Cetrati. I got off a few good shots with the mammoth but it was really made for melee. It charged and killed the stalker and argus with fury to spare. The willbreaker squeezed off a shot at Kromac, I needed 12 on 2d6 to hit: FUCKING BOXCARS!!
In the end, Kromac jumped over my Cetrati line into Makeda's face. He would have had to kill her otherwise my entire army would descend on him. He failed, thus ending the game.

Keeping track of my weight: As of 12/26/14: 220 (+/-)

No comments:

Post a Comment