Wednesday, November 27, 2013

SKORNE!!!!!

Been away for a while.
I did pick up a Skorne army and have been playing it consistently either on Vassal or at the game store.
I seem to be drawn to Hexeris, both his prime and epic versions, although recently I have been drawn to his epic incarnation. My current list:
Lord Arbiter Hexeris (*6pts)
* Cyclops Shaman (5pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (10pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
* Titan Sentry (9pts)
* Aptimus Marketh (3pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts (2pts)
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer (3pts)
Venators Slingers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Extoler Soulward (2pts)

I've had a blast with this list. My play style has changed considerably with Skorne coming from Khador, I have become more aggressive and made an effort to get Hexeris into the thick of combat. He's very survivable and with his Vampiric Harvest he can keep healing damage as long as living enemy models keep dying. His spell list is well rounded and he's a beast in combat. His feat allows me to steal fury, focus and soul tokens in any combination from friend or foe (non-warcaster) up to his fury capacity. This lets me run my beasts hot on fury or can deny my opponent fury for next turn. Plus it's almost like I'm activating him twice. For example; one of my more recent games with Rob and his Cryx, we played SR2013 scenario #4: Ammunition Run. On the last turn of the game, Hexeris activated, cast Hellfire twice, destroying the fuel drum Goreshade and 3 of his bonejacks were hiding behind and setting them on fire. He then popped his feat, taking a total of 7 fury points from his warbeasts. He then charges a bonejack and thresher attacks all 3 bonejacks. He spends all of his fury to buy additional attacks to finish off a bonejack and attack Goreshade, ALMOST killing him. My Titan Sentry moved in and finished the job.

This battlegroup is working well for me. I like the combination of all 3 titans, they all hit hard and seem to compliment each other. The sentry has reach and the best ARM value. The gladiator's animus allows extra movement and pathfinder. The bronzeback ensures that neither of the other titans will go berzerk. The shaman is a nice addition with his primal magic taking the pressure off Hexeris. I think I tend to underuse Aptimus Marketh. I tend to use him as an arc node and overlook his other abilities.

In future lists I want to include an Archidon as a bond beast. With his SPD 7 and Flight I can get him where I need him to be. His animus can give Hexeris a little more survivability. In order to fit the Archidon into the list, I have to sacrifice one of my other heavy beasts, most likely the sentry.





No comments:

Post a Comment